Over here at Chica Intelligente, we’ve been pondering the age-old question, how do we increase our engagement? This is not an easy question to answer, but we know for sure that one possible avenue is to produce more videos. Videos are a great way to capture your audience’s attention but they can be difficult to master. While doing some research, we wanted to share some tips that we found useful!
- Get Right to the Point!
- Creating a long anti-climatic introduction can encourage viewers to swipe past your video before they even view it. Your video should get right to the point and be concise.
- Shape and Dimensions are Everything.
- Make sure your video’s aspect ratio works with the platform you’re using. If you are grabbing the attention of users on a mobile device, make sure the video is compatible and user-friendly!
- Utilize Captions
- Not all users watch videos with the sound on and it’s important your videos are inclusive for all communities to access them! Ensure captions on your video are easy to read and placed clearly on your video.
- Consider Voice Over
- If you hate to record and talk at the same time, consider recording first, and then doing the voice over for the video. It’s such a fast and effective way to get everything in, without feeling rushed or missing anything you feel is pertinent to the topic you are recording.
We’ve done Reels, short clips, and videos with just music and captions. What are some of your favorite ways to get video content out? Let us know in the comments below👇🏼